HPE MSA Gen 6
Across five generations MSA remains the industry-leading entry storage platform with an incredible 500,000 systems deployed worldwide.
And now we are pleased to announce the next generation of the HPE MSA platform, the Sixth Generation!
The HPE MSA family carries on its tradition of delivering a combination of simplicity, flexibility, and advanced features not found in other entry-priced arrays:
So Simple, Anyone Can Manage It
- Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to manage — no special knowledge required. For small- to medium-sized businesses, the “set it and forget it” simplicity of HPE MSA eliminates IT complexity. Rely on intuitive setup, guided management, and hands-free automatic performance tiering to power user productivity.
- Predict failures before they happen and eliminate the common causes of avoidable downtime with MSA Health Check Tool and reduce avoidable downtime and diagnose issues ahead of time. 76% of HPE MSA support calls will be eliminated for customers who utilize health check proactively. Available to new and existing MSA users.
- Dual-controller, two-pool, active-active design architecture: Delivers the resiliency, application availability, and uptime required for SAN-based storage.
- HPE MSA Gen6 array controllers communicate with all internal drives and connected disk enclosures via 12 Gb SAS midplane.
- New Gen 6 RAID acceleration ASIC and controller design: Up to 50% performance improvement compared to HPE MSA Gen5, lowering system latency and improving user productivity.
- Advanced Data Services: Optional license supported on all HPE MSA Gen6 arrays (included with the HPE MSA 2062) that provides access to automated data tiering, remote snap replication, and additional snapshots.
- The MSA Gen6 Tiering Engine 2.0 moves the hottest data to fastest media real-time, 24 hours a day and optimizes performance by up to 45% over 5th Generation MSA.
- HPE MSA-DP+ data protection: High-performance RAID technology that significantly improves performance, availability, and rebuild times (up to 25x) compared to traditional RAID types.
- Bringing enterprise grade features and functionality to small and midsize businesses at an entry level price.
- Integrated with today’s most widely used hypervisors and operating systems, HPE MSA Gen 6 enables you to power your workloads even as you work to lower costs.
- Wide range of SFF/LFF media options: Offers the customer a choice in media and the ability to balance budget against performance needs.
- Expand storage capacity with a choice of SFF and LFF disk enclosure options: Grow-as-you-go capacity expansion helps ensure a long and useful life for your storage array.
Effortless Cloud Backup
- Gain cloud flexibility and protection for your HPE MSA system by leveraging HPE Cloud Volumes Backup for seamless data protection. On-demand cloud backup, ultra-simple and delivered as-a-service, secures your data and lets you start to mine that data for business value.
Gen 6 is available to order today! In order to help you to keep ahead of the competition and take advantage of the installed base refresh opportunity please leverage the enablement and programs below to support.
Watch the MSA Gen 6 Webinar with Jonathan Tooke and Alan Fletcher to find out what is different with the next gen platform and what this helps to solve for customers as well as how we see ourselves stacking up first the primary competition and how we can better serve this customer base with Gen 6.